View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #238
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Dodge - mine is technically 40%. The lower the number the darker the tint. So 60% would not be dark at all. 40% (what i have) imo might even be a hair too light. I waiver on my decision to go 40% rather than 30%.

When you say they recommended going 70% I"m going to assume you meant 30% (the inverse). I think you'll see that the heat rejection between these two films (Huper 30, and Huper 40) are almost the exacccct same. It's really an aesthetic thing. The good thing about Huper is that when you look outdoors from inside the cabin, you'll barely notice any difference. In other words it doesn't affect your cabin visibility very much. So i guess what it comes down to is personal taste. Do you like darker tint or no? Personally, I do. If I had it to do over again I would probably go 30 all around and 50 on my windshield. But for now, it will do

Take a look through the thread to see how the tint looks from different angles and during different times of day. Should give you a pretty solid idea of what you'll be seeing on your car.

- esquire
OIC that you used 50% on the windshield. So, it sounds like you have not had any problems with visbility while driving at night and that if you did it again, you'd go darker on the windshield.

I did mean 70%...as in only 30% blockage of UV. My installer didn't recommend going below that amount for the windshield due to visibility concerns and detection. On my side and back windows, I went with Huper 40 if I remember correctly (could have been 30)...meaning that it blocks 60% and is darker.