View Single Post
      06-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #23
DonBMW3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xiT AW/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
This may be the wrong forum to put this in seeingas this is for BMW, but I think its a fiar question. What happened to Mercedes? I have a 1999 MB C230, which I believe is was the last year that Mercedes was a 100% Mercedes. For example having one wiper was simply Benz, I thought it was very cool, but the newer models don't have it. It's like BMW's kidney grill, w/o it its not BMW. When I was looking at the new C Class I was kind of disappointed, but will probably buy it anyway. Still, does anyone agree?
I bought a 1999 C280. Yes, 100% Mercedes, but after the cost cutting had begun. I called the single windshield wiper the "smear-o-matic." It was cool, but a totally bad idea. My car had many electrical problems, was subject to several recalls, and was VERY hard on tires, which I believe is typical for Mercedes suspension setup. It was very capable on the road, but not involving or fun to drive at all.

I was back in a BMW in less than two years. In my experience, BMW engineering, design and quality are far superior to MB.