04-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #34
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2e15 View Post
The time has come... I'm heavily considering going from an e46 M3 to an e92 M3. I'm looking at either an 08 or an 09 but was wondering if there were any "Common" Issues with the e92's. For example the e46 was notorious for Vanos issues along with Subframe... does the e92's suffer from anything like this... ?

Flame suit on if needed.....

Thanks!!!
08' E92 M3 88,000 Miles

Noticeable problems so far:

1. Never been able to save XM station presets ( I save, then back out and then they are gone when I come back)
2. Seat belt helper (When the car is happy it gives it to me, when its mad, it says FU!) When its freezing cold outside, the helper might not even come out.
3. My passenger mirror all of the sudden throws itself out of whack and I have to reset it to a normal viewing position.
4. The ski bag holder clips are broke so now it never stays in the seat like it should. (was like that when I bought it used)
5. A bit of scuff marks by the IDrive knob on the plastic center console (was like that when I bought it, have since bought a new one and wrapped in carbon fiber to match the carbon fiber trim, looks much better!)
6. Slight wear on my upper part of my steering wheel on the backside of it

All this stuff is very minimal in my opinion. The most annoying thing the passenger mirror going crazy. Other than that I can live with the rest. Nothing mechanical, transmission, or brake wise has gone wrong. Very solid for how many miles are on it.