View Single Post
      10-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #69
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
How about corevette z06 if were talking performance. Same price range 100 more hp. Wonderful handling and excitement. Z06 is faster straight line and around the ring. Better on fuel too.

For interior quality I like the m3 but that's about all it has over the Z06.
The Corvette in general is a legend. I don't think you will get anyone with a sane mind saying otherwise. The C6Z version is an amazing machine and should be deemed legendary. It set the mark for the 997 Turbo, GT3, GT-R and countless other performance cars.

As to its attributes, performance, etc. I don't know that this is the right place to start the comparisons to the E9X M3 but here is my quick synopsis --It is pretty reliable vehcile and the exterior styling is simply beautiful IMO but it's build quality (seam gaps, etc.) and fit finish are sub par (cheap grades of plastic, fake carbon dash/center console surround, cheap grade of leather, LaZBoy recliner like seats). I bitched about all of these before I even bought my prior Vettes so I knew what I was getting with them going in. The transmission rattle (google "C6 Z06 marbles in a can") at low RPMs was quite annoying to me as well. The C6 versioned Vettes are great machines but just very different from anything German/Italian/English. I find the M3 to have many more "better" things than the Z06 other than just a better interior....having said that, performance isn't one of them..

Last edited by alms211; 10-09-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0