06-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #52
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Wow, now that's a wait! lol

I checked out the C63 Sunday night. I liked the interior a lot more than the M, esp the seats. I was so-so with the exterior styling. It was OK. Being as you can't even get the "track pack" (decent LSD, etc.) with it yet, I was like phuck it, I will stick with the M!

But, I HAD to check it out just in case you know. It was the only other car I was considering. Now I am more confident with my choice. For me, it will be a better all around car. One that is good around town, but also good at the track. Also, MB's "reliability", espec with electronics, etc. scares me.

On a side note, I almost bought an E55 a few years back...about every owner I talked to loved the car, but added they would DEFINATELY sell it before the warranty expired! That says a lot.

Not trying to bash on the MB's or your choice...just saying it was a factor for me in not purchasing an E55 back then, and also the C63 (let alone that I think the M is a better fit for me).
I generally agree with your points. I personally do prefer the M3 to the C63 that I have test driven. This MB is not a C63 or and E or anything like it, it is custom made and costs easily more than an a freaking F430 and is based on the prior C55 chassis (CLK front C-Class rear) with a very special engine, tranny, suspension, aluminum wide-body, quif diff with SL65 axel, etc..., etc..., and on and on as you may imagine for that price. Sort of like a C DTM AMG really.