United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
It has the 6.4L Hemi right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk View Post
Somewhat surprised - I would have thought that a beast like that with an auto would beat an m3 in a dig. From a roll, not so much.
6.4L Hemi, yes sir. If you look at basic perf. specs for SRT8 on C/D etc., the M3 is faster in every category, especially 1/4 mile. So I guess I'm not that surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgarcia41982 View Post
Exactly i have the 6.1 liter cherokee srt8 and from a dig it will rip my 6sp M3 all day. So i would have to believe that the 6.4 with the 30+ horses would definately take it. But yes past 80mph it's a total dog. I can't really see the dct being all that different. But then again i have no experience with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Have you actually run them against each other or are you going off of acceleration feel? I only ask because the numbers I've found on the SRT-8 aren't terribly impressive.

Here is Edmunds running it at mid 13s in the quarter. That would put it about equal to an E46 M3, but would still get walked by an E92 6MT.
Yep. M3 6MT (actually) killed it from standstill. SRT8 0-60, is about 5 seconds anyways, so that's not much faster (if at all) than a M3, so no surprises there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
You are experiencing the classic feeling of a high low end torque curve that peaks very high and drops "feeling" faster' than the m3 with a very linear delivery of power that just keeps pulling. The m3 never has the instantaneous change in acceleration like a low end monster torque car has so you feel a bigger thump in your back and it is much shorter lived for one and less linear which makes it feel faster and indeed for a moment or two it is "faster" because it changes acceleration so quickly but its that one instant that creates the illusion
Agree, and even I thought the SRT8 would do much better, but that torque / butt dyno plays tricks on you. Also, I don't think the aerodynamics were doing the SRT8 any favors after 80.
Appreciate 0