View Single Post
      08-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #46
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

If BMW believes so strongly in an all turbo lineup. Then prove it by racing it on weekend and selling it on week days.

I don't think it is impossible as Mazda did it in prototype category with 2.0 liter turbo in ALMS. Given that engine is not related to a production version. The turbos can be raced. Now wining with them is a whole another story.

I would like to see BMW run the so called mystery engine of M4/M3 in ALMS. Lets see if it is all that and more. Because the BMW NA engines have been ALMS winners in past.

If turbos are the engines for future then M4 with turbo racing in ALMS, Grand AM, Le mans and Continental racing series, FIA European, etc. is what I am looking forward to. Because racing improves the breed. As we all know we need more bullet proof BMW turbos. Because in past they have taken flak for being not as solid.

As for lag I think it can be overcome. If a small electric motor kicks in below 2000 rpm and then turbos kick in from there. It would be lag free hybrid electric/turbo engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Yeah, lets see if they man up and try to run a turbo-6 in ALMS.

They believe in an all turbo lineup in the showroom, then prove its worthiness on the track.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 08-21-2013 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0