01-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #33
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I consider the trans on the GT-R and the brakes on the M3 almost equal flaws. Neither issue rears its head at 7-8 tenths, but if you drive hard then either one will annoy you. The GT-R trans doesn't melt itself, it goes into limp mode and you go pit and cool off (and replace the $500 trans fluid soon...). I can't say that is any more annoying than my first day in a bone stock M3 when I made the stock pads literally crumble and destroyed them and damaged the rotors.

The cars really shouldn't be compared, it is almost like comparing a GT-R or GT3 to a racecar; they're just not the same kind of thing. They are both awesome cars, but one is a very street-friendly car that is fun on track and the other is a not as street-friendly car that is a beast on track at the expense of some street manners, and with double the maintenance costs to boot.

I will say that the most track ready car out of the box is a 997+ GT3. They hold up in every way, and just work well on track. YMMV.

And, OP: sorry for derailing your thread into a GT-R vs. M3 thread... we probably have enough of those already.
OP, didn't mean to derail the thread either.

My last comment is that I'm not comparing the cars really, just my disappointment that a $100k car supposedly meant for track use (not an all around daily driver with sports tendencies) doesn't hold its weight out of the box. I give the M3 more allowance because it's a car that's supposed to be an all arounder and something like needing a BBK is a bit more expected. Again, one car is not better than the other.
Appreciate 0