View Single Post
      04-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
Eric@e2design
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E46 M3

My 2005 G35 got T-Boned 10 months after I bought it new just installed Greddy EU w/tune, coils, intake manifold mods, intake, small stuff like bulbs, shift knob, etc..

I went by the tow yard that had my car and brought a set of hand tools and two buddies.. I gave the guy $60 and he fork lifted (probably one of the sadder moments of my life) my car behind this junked Ford SUV and told me I had 2 hours to work on it.. I basically took off everything inshort of suspension and exhaust.. Insurance never said a word *shrug* but then again they werent paying for the car either so that might've been why..

on a more legit note:
I deal with insurance companies all day now and a lot of our customers want to buy their vehicle back for whatever reasons (especially the RX-7, Supra, 240 guys with valuable stock parts) and SOME insurance companies are set on auctioning off vehicles that they do not give the buyer an option to do so while some companies simply deduct the amount they estimate the vehicle to be worth from your check and just let you keep it. The larger insurance companies are some of the ones that auction only.
Appreciate 0