View Single Post
      07-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
r53s65e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: r53 s65e90

I am sure this is going to be one of the most interesting threads (subscribed). Thanks everyone for the valuable pointers.

Insurance: I have been a long time customer of e-surance and so far did not have to deal with them at all (no claims). I liked the fact that their exclusion policy did not preclude driver education events... until NOW. Their new policy explicitly excludes liability and collision coverage for non-competition track events. I will try to find a new provider that can cover me. Preferably, I would like to just have one insurance that will cover both street and track. I will share my results.

Track Days: After some 30+ track events in the last 3 years, I have seen a lot of mishaps almost exclusively in the advanced groups. Since I don't want to have to file any claim in the first place, I follow the guidelines below:
  1. Avoid full open passing groups even though they may be more fun.
  2. I do not use timers since I know they will eventually make me push beyond the limit. I have great fun working on a turn by turn basis not pushing hard all the time.
  3. Spot the hot heads (EASY), give them lots of room and admire their driving prowess.
  4. Use the pit lane to find space.
  5. Prefer weekday events

Last edited by r53s65e90; 08-03-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0