09-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #13
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I use a 70/30 meth/water mix. The kit looks pretty invisible. The Procede is hidden in the DME compartment/box. The meth pump is mounted on a bracket under the hood. A custom-fit harness connects the procede to the meth hardware. I'm not don't with the custom brackets yet so I'd rather not post up pics of prototype stuff. But once they are all laser cut and powder-coated, i'll post up complete kit pictures. The whole kit is easy to install. Expect to spend about 1hr. Don't have to get the car on a lift or run any lines under the car as it re-uses the factory windshield water bottle. You don't have to take off the bumper either. The whole install is done under the hood. Easy to remove as well if you have any warranty work.

Yes, it picked up approx 30whp with no active changes to tuning. The DME simply ran it's ignition timing targets and the engine ran a cooler, denser air charge. For example, without meth, IATs climbed from 35degC to 55degC. WITH METH, they DROPPED from 35degC to 15degC. Some pretty big passive gains right there.

I'd be very interested in running this set-up on a non-intercooled set-up since they seem to be so popular. I'd imagine bigger relative gains that what we saw today since the temp drop would be so much more significant. Plus, we could undoubtedly run a higher boost pulley since the meth would perform better than any intercooler upgrade.

Cheers
shiv
So most of us have ESS, Gintani, and AA kits on our cars.

I think ESS and Gintani uses a water to air cooling (will it make a difference? better or worse?)

AA and Gpower uses a air to air so I guess the results will be similar? the Gpower intercooler is very large in size as well.

also where are the 3 nozzals installed?

my car is pushing 15psi right now and I'm just using an AEM meth injection for cooling only but I don't think the car is cooling down enough because our weather in Taiwan is very humid (90%+)and hot!

so basically if I can get my car down cooler I think the will be even better at 15psi it should make?.....60whp difference???

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0