View Single Post
      11-17-2023, 01:17 PM   #93
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_Europe View Post
I am going to buy a set of VS-5RS, Clear.

18x9.5 and 18x10.5 they were selling for $635 and $675

Why did you raised prices to $709 and $729 days before black fridays?
We did adjust prices on November 10th. I understand that it might be frustrating to see specific wheels that you were considering get more expensive, but the shift was part of a larger pricing shift across our forged wheels to correct some inconsistencies within our forged pricing lineup as well as adjust for rising costs.

The specific fitments you were looking at (I assume 18x9.5 ET22 and 10.5 ET22 for the offsets in brushed clear ) went from $689 to $709 per wheel for the fronts and $709 to $729 for the rear wheels. Brushed clear has always been more expensive than the other finishes, but even if you were looking at another color before the price change, your initial figures don't match the prices that were listed prior to the change. Select 5x120 BMW SM-10RS SKUs saw a drop in price in the update and other markets in our lineup also saw price decreases.

As economic conditions continue to inflate, pricing is often forced to go with it. However, only a fraction of our wheel catalog was affected by recent pricing changes, in fact more markets experienced a price reduction than a price increase which means that many enthusiasts will actually benefit from the changes made. Additionally, pricing on approximately 40% of our forged catalog stayed exactly the same. There are many contributing factors that go into these decisions, but I can say with confidence that our Production and Engineering teams work very hard to find efficiencies that maintain our quality standards and pursuit of true performance, and that has really helped offset rising costs within the industry.

We don't manipulate our wheel pricing based on short term sales or promotions, and the extremely stable pricing that our customers have enjoyed over the last 16 years is a testament to that. Just as we perform deep analysis within our wheel development program to optimize our products, we put the same amount of energy into analyzing development and production/manufacturing costs etc. to ensure the business stays healthy. We're absorbing this information in real time, and implementing changes with a long term plan/strategy in mind.

Black Friday represents a small period in time - a small fraction of the year. We've got some meaningful discounts queued up for the upcoming sale which will result in significant savings for our customers to enjoy - even in the few markets where a small price increase was implemented like this one.

We hope you find this information helpful. Keep an eye out for our Black Friday sale launching on Monday!

-Tom