View Single Post
      02-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #74
Rawhyde
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 MINI Cooper S JCW

I think the whole thing is disgusting, and I have sympathy for the original poster. I thnk the response that you get from the cops in a situation like this depends heavily on where you are. As for where I am, the cops would do exactly ZERO to help. If ANYTHING, the victim would be harassed and charged with anything they could trump up if there was any escalation on his part.

I once had a redneck pos try to run my (new at the time) Impala SS off the road. I managed to get in front of him and engaged the transwarp drive. LT1 power will leave a beater Dodge Omni in the dust. After I got away, I found a cop and told him the story. He told me I was very lucky NOT to have gotten a speeding ticket and that he couldn't take time to investigate my partial tag number because it was the 4th of July and he had to write citations for people shooting bottle rockets..... Next work day, I called and complained to the Sherrif's office about the incident. I was told later that the cop in question was written up for his handling of the incident, but there's no way to know.

File an insurance claim and make sure to give a very detailed statement. If a giant nameless faceless corporation with mega-bucks starts agitating for justice, there MAY be some. For an individual who was wronged, you might as well take a pee into a fan for all the good it'll do.

Rawhyde

PS Just to make it clear, I think the little SOB ought to be skinned alive then boiled in oil, but justice is seen only in movies and comic books anymore.
Appreciate 0