Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Rolly View Post
Btw this is my first time on a race course. I just realized that my treads in the rear are just about down to their wear indicators. Should I worry about a tire blowing out on the race track? What's the worst that can happen. I also notice that the safety checklist asks if tires are more than 2/32". Will i be allowed on the track if rear treads are only 2/32"?
You can run the tires down until cords are showing with no risk of a blowout. Once you see cords then you need to stay off the track. I do this with every set of track tires I've ever owned (as do many others) with no issues.

Will you pass tech? I don't know, it depends on who's inspecting. Usually they don't look at the tread at tech, in fact many advanced guys and instructors use slicks with no tread at all. I'd contact the lead tech guy and find out his philosphy.

Tell him you will inspect the tires after every run and that you will stop running if you cord the tires.

What track are you running?