View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #57
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I wont really look to OC the system since everything I have read point to the three most important things in speed running games is the GPU, RAM, and fast Hard drive. Having the OS boot on a regular Western Digital 7200 HD and then having the games installed on a SSD. The SSD gives the most drastic difference in speed perception I guess. OC'ing an i7 920 or 960 from 3.2 to 4ghz will not do as much as having a hardcore GPU like an ATI 5970 with stock clock speed as oppossed to a single 5770 with an OC'd processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The only real annoying bitch is cable/wire management and then BIOS settings if you OC or have finicky hardware combinations. Other than that, it goes together pretty much like legos. There are cases which cater to cable management pretty well.

Look at the proposed builds on overclock.net if you want to see what people are putting together and what the general feedback is. You should be able to discern which parts are adviseable to mix and which aren't. There's also some pretty good OC advice there, and you'll get feedback on what the best OC combos generally are. If you're a hardcore OC'er, I'd recommend xtremesystems forums.