View Single Post
      03-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
M3aHOLIC84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 Laguna Seca Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2010 View Post
The other thing I am wondering about... since they set the residual so low on the early M3s, wouldn't it make some sense to private sale the car at the end of the lease for more than what I would owe?

I could get the benefits of leasing (lower monthly payment) with less out of pocket, while still making some money back at the end doing a private sale. And if the bank was right and the depreciation is as bad as they claim it will be and I can't sell it... well, then, it's not my problem and i just hand the keys to my dealer.
that exactlyyyyy what i was thinking...im glad im not alone...its sort of a win win....you start lookin to sell a month or two before your lease is up...if you can come up a good 5 or even 10 grand why not? if not your right just go ahead and drop the keys off at the dealer....I mean you can easilyy get 40 to 45 after 3 years...cuz ive been lookin at e46 m3's and ive seen 4 or 5 year old models selling for 35 to 38 thousand range...and the e46 isnt even a 70 thousand dollar car...