View Single Post
      04-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #223
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

I'm getting 241E flashed as we speak. Super excited!

Edit: More details
I had engine software update, GTS DCT and coding done. Alex is a great guy to work with. Very professional and knowledgeable. I will be coming back to Alex for future coding for sure. Highly recommended!

My quick impression of the new 241E. Yes, it's not a typo. 241E was just released a few days ago. I installed the Japanese version. My original software was quite old, the 220E. I never had 240E, so my comparison is 220E vs 240E.

The car is significantly smoother. I have catless x pipe and axle back exhaust. With the old software I occasionally had rough idle, where the RPM would drop then bounce back. With 241E, that bad behavior is gone. The car seems to have more torque in low RPMs. Also the exhaust volume reduced just a tad. It sounds a little more refined to me.

I drove back home in LA bad stop-n-go traffic, opening up the car whenever conditions permitted. I still made 17.6mpg. This is definitely an improvement over the old software that made 16.4 mpg in the long run. I had Alex enable realtime mpg, since I always found the default long term average a bit lacking. I prefer to see instant data. WOT is 6 mpg. lol. But it's good to know.

Overall I love the new DEM software. The car is running great. Thanks Alex!

Last edited by MPowerZ32; 04-24-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0