Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
I come over from the Mercedes world where many people won't buy a used AMG unless it is still under warranty and/or CPO due to high costs to fix issues.

Is that the same when buying a used M3? Would you stay away if not warrantied?
My first was a used one e46 and fully certified by BMW, my second one a 2011 was practiclaly new (very slightley used) again fully certified.

I would check the maintenance records to make sure no high repair costs and inspections have taken place at a BMW dealership. See if the dealership can provide extended warranty (both on major parts and maintenance). If they refuse then don't get the car, find another.

If you purchase used private insist on a BMW complete inspection and while the inspection is being done ask about extended warranty.

Stay clear of cars that have seen the track. High repairs on the inspection reports will point to extended track time or abuse.

In general the M3 is an excellent car, designed for high speed on the Autobahn, good luck I am sure you find the right one.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0