View Single Post
      06-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

DIY: Installing LUX reverse lights E93

So i was very surprised to see that there was no DIY for the E93, because I expected it to be the same as the E92 however it was completely different.

Well first step I didn't take pictures for because it was very straight forward. Using a flathead screwdriver, removed the panel protecting both of the tail lights. Then unscrew the 3 bolts that hold the headlight to the body.

Once tail light is removed, you do not have to disconnect any wires.

Now it's pretty easy from here, the foam is going to be glued on to the OEM bulb, you just need to peel it back, depress both clips, and wiggle the OEM bulb out. This takes more effort than one would think so just be patient.

Now here is the part that took trial and error since there was no write up for it.

The red (+) connects to the WHITE wire, and the black (-) connects to the gray wire.

Afterwards just piece everything back together the same way you took it out.

When placing your tail light back be sure to push it towards the inside of the car before you tighten. If you do not do this, there will be a rather large gap between the trunk lights and the outside lights.

I will post pics later since I cannot place the car in park with the e brake engaged like my 335i.

Good luck guys, now I can actually see where the hell the curb is at night.
Appreciate 0