01-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #100
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I think it does include EDC. Both the wording in the German pricelist and the U.K. configurator say so. After some more thought, I doubt that there's a difference in the content of this package between ECE and US.

This leads me to think of two possible ways they could handle the ZCP in the US: Either the ZTP is mandatory to get ZCP, or the revised DSC setting is only part of the ZCP when ZTP is ordered also. Like you, I doubt they'd offer a revised DSC setting without M Drive.

Anyway, it can't be that much longer until the order guides for the MY 2011 will be available.

Best regards,
south

South,

The "enhanced" EDC system is required on the new Competition package cars.

BMW did this to improve the overall performance of the new suspension on the car.

Despite what you all may be thinking, the 10mm lower suspension is not just a set of lowering springs.

It includes new shocks, struts, and springs. It's an entirely new suspension setup. (with stiffer spring rates, and revised compression & rebound values)

EDC is application dependent, so when BMW revised the suspension...the new enhanced EDC system (and DSC changes)were mandatory.

BMW can still choose to sell the Competition Package in the U.S. without EDC at all, although I doubt this will happen. I can't see BMW offering us two different versions of the Competition Package either. We usually get one option here, or no option at all.

Smart money is on the Competition Package + EDC, as the only option for 2011 U.S.-spec M3's.