01-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #97
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Hey aajami....your info and those of the other guys is correct....cast & flow formed. Weight information is not being released yet but the GTS release info was pretty specific when it spoke to "lightweight".

Having said that, and with the weights of the forged OEM 220M 19's being 23.5 and 25.5 lbs front to rear respectively, I'm going to guess that BMW's interpretation of "lightweight cast" is going to come in around 22.5 lbs front and 24.5 lbs rear, plus or minus a little bit and keeping in mind the 359's are 1/2 inch wider (= not as much weight loss as I'd like).

The group buy RAC's (approx 20/21 lbs front to rear) and some other wheels are significantly lighter but they're forged and very expensive (but worth it IMO).

We'll see. I'll have a bit more info next week. There's 1 tiny, little thing that I'm waiting for to be priced before my car is officially official and gets production status (tentatively the 1st week of May, fingers are crossed). My Comp. Package is definately confirmed though, no issues with that one.

And here in Canada anyways, I have to get M-Drive and EDC to get the Comp. Package. Which I figured.

At the end of the day, this is all TOO MUCH!! I want my car

Regards - Mark
Hey Mark,

I plan to be in Ontario this summer if everything works out..... it would be great to hook up and compare M's