10-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #31
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Also, I asked the sales manager about the One-day M Driving school and he told me that there wasn't any M-school deal involved. I told him once again that I had read it at an online forum, I should have said BMW website, but he continued to say that he was unaware and doubted that there was such a deal. He told me had there been M-driving school, it would have been posted on his 'bulletin'.

Another thing, does 100 miles of 'hard driving' really affect the vehicle much?

The thing is, we have a really good relationship (it may not seem like it now), because my dad has purchased a couple of vehicles in the past 6-7 years, and he has recommended all of his friends to that dealership. There have never been any problems before, so I'm kind of confused whether he's trying to 'hustle' me, or he really just doesn't know. Also, when I test drove the M3, he didn't necessarily tell me to redline it, but kind of hinted that I needed to stay around 5-6 RPMS, because I always shift into the next gear. He told me that this was a car that needed to stay around 5-6k RPMS otherwise I'm just wasting gas.
I really have a "funny" feeling about this dealership! If you stayed around 5,500 RPM then you are fine, but if other people than you take this signal as a green light to red-line the car then NO!!
Also, the fact that you gave him money (bought two cars, right?) and made him win even more when you referred customers to him, does not explain why you feel that you are gaining from this relationship. I think what is more important is that you really get the car you want and you being on this forum is the right thing to do as you are getting input from current owners. From my perspective, I am completely in agreement with rldzhao!