View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #35
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I have a friend with a shop who supposedly gets the maximum discount at Pep Boys and he said they were $145 without core. With the common 30% discount they were in the $160+ range without core charge. You could try Walmart — I think they have an H8 a AGM for $139 without core. I would have bought one but my local store was out of stock.
The Everstart AGM from Wallmart is still out of stock. Finding the battery is half the trouble. After reading various threads and links around the subject it seems there are no easy known proven way to program the new battery and register it without paying a BMW garage or coder to do it.

A single INPA cable is not enough according to the following link you need a WIFI BMW ICOM A2+B+C hardware. EDIT : You can do it with just the INPA DCAN cable and NCSEXpert (if you new battery has a different current rating than the OEM 90 Ah and Tool32 to run an automated script that registers the battery.

The Carly and the Schwaben adapters have proven without a doubt to fail on cars post power module migration into the DME.

I wonder if other car brands owners are facing the same "anti trust" situation to register their battery or if this is just a BMW special.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 05-14-2018 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0