Thread: 135i/335i to M3
View Single Post
      03-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
I just went from an e60 M5 to an e92 M3 DCT ZCP w/ M PERF exhaust.

The M3 with DCT feels faster than the M5 and believe it is to 100mph ...but after that, all the way to top end, the V10 will walk away from it. Speed The M3 is much faster when changes lanes because of the chassis, weight and the DCT which shoots you like a rocket. If it was a chase around corners or the track the M3 would leave the M5 in the dust.

The M3 is as addictive as the M5 because the NA high rev engine and magnificent engine sound, though a little different V8 vs V10 but again both music to the ears, edge V10.

Performance wise the M3 feels tighter all around, more balance, better braking and just precise in every aspect.

I also own a 2002 e39 M5, and of all three...the M3 is the best performer overall.

But the e39 is a masterpiece because of the chassis and the immediate torque. So if you want torque at all times and speed, buy an e39 tune it up..there is a reason why they call it "the beast". I have a powerchip, full Supersprint exhaust system, BMC filters, strong-struts, Dinan short shifter...and even as a ten year old car there are no many cars on the road today that can keep up with it. This car is sublime.

When you first start driving these high revving NA engines you feel a lack of torque and power, it happen to me went I bought the e60 because I was use to the e39 hammer...but once you get use to down shifting, blipping and managing the revs you will become a revs addict..I just had the e92 for two months and I am still learning how get the most of it...though from the e60 is an easy transition...with the M3 you have to find the torque-power but believe me it is there...

So if you have a chance get an e92 M3 you will not regret it, M NA engines are magnificent...

PREVIOUS M CARS - 02 E39 M5 / 06 E60 M5 / F10 M5 6MT 14 991 C2S
Appreciate 0