View Single Post
      12-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #57
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
I personally had wanted to experience a "race car" like engine/power delivery once in my life and really wanted to try out the m3 largely for that as well as really liking the looks etc. However you can pretty much enjoy the same experience with your 328 which is similar in power deliver to the s65 or s54, meaning NA, power at the peak rpms. So if you are not really aching to experience that and you are ok waiting than I would wait. Otherwise it is the last chance to get a 8400 rpms engine brand new anyway from almost any car maker aside from lambo and ferrari
The 328i engine has nothing in common with the s65 at all. No more in common than a camry engine, accord engine, or any other N/A engine.

Crazy comparison.

The biggest thing I noticed when reading through this thread is that the OP has never driven an M3. How can you know if you like it if you dont drive it?

Drive the car, see how you feel, and go from there.

Personally, I liked the styling, feel, interior and handling of the car a lot, and those are the main reasons I bought it. It really isnt a super fast car, but its a fun car to drive fast and matched with a 6mt, its a fun challenge to keep it on the boil

I will probably buy the new generation m3 with the turbo motor in 4 years or so. I personally think that the power deliver of a turbo is awesome and will be great in the m3