View Single Post
      08-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Challenge tri-stiched shift knob and E-brake boot: Review + Pictures

I recently purchased Challenge's newly announced tri-stitch 6 speed knob and ebrake boot.

ORDERING/GETTING AN ESTIMATE:
About 1 week before Challenge release those products, I actually PMed IND to get a few different option pricing however, I wasn't able to get any answer after 3 PMs. I also asked them in their thread but somehow I wasn't able to get any forum pricing... Then Challenge released theirs so I requested many different combo pricing (include full replacement vs. 6 speed boot only option for ZHP use. With/without ebrake boot. With/without ebrake handle etc. of really annoying many different combination).

Greg at Challenge answered all of my estimate request very quickly. As it's pretty big commitment for what it is (in terms of $$), I asked more questions to be sure and again, he quickly answered all my questions. So I ordered with confidence from Challenge.

SHIPPING:
As they're being pretty popular, I had to wait for next incoming batch which took 2 extra days. However they shipped exact date Greg was esitmating and he even shipped for faster method to accommodate my waiting time. I was very pleased with Challenge's service!

INSTALL/REVIEW:
They're the OEM parts and yes, they have no issue of fitment or quality issue.
However, these are 2 things I was concerned:
1. Stitch color match with OEM steering wheel - Stitch color matches nicely.
2. Quality of stitching (wasn't super impressed with LeatherZ's tri-stitch quality) - Top notch work. It looks like it's OEM.

Overall, I'm very happy with their service, shipping, color of stitch and quality of stitching. Even though I still think that they're somewhat pricy than what I wanted to pay, but you have to understand the one thing:
It's TRI-STITCHED, You have to pay M-tax to have it.
Attached Images

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3

Last edited by isugoo; 08-20-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0