Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The cable from the new screen to the CIC has been simplified, so it is also different.

HD Radio is built-in into the CIC, so for those cars with the separate HD Radio module I would assume that it will be as simple as unplugging the module and removing it from the Vehicle Order as a separate entry.

I noticed that you have the "Autologic" system... can be possible to use that system and bench-program a CIC for audio options, separate from the car? I ask because another possible way of swapping this unit into a 2008 is programming the CIC itself -no M3 needed- exactly the same audio-wise as the one being replaced.

For example, use Autologic in a CIC and program it for Individual Audio (Logic7 might work as well, as the processing is actually done in the OEM amp; this is to make the CIC to output digital), Sirius, Assist and 6FL. If a CIC unit is programmed like that it should work plug 'n play into my M3, as long as those audio modules are still the same P/N as the ones the CIC "expects" to "see". This is the way is done in Europe with the Autologic with the Business/Profesional OEM HU and Nav swaps.

Let me know what you think...
Possibly, the programmer will look for the specific components to take a tally before the programming session takes place.

Coding is already avaialble for 6FL, when (or if) it is finally released. For some reason, the retrofit kits have not hit US shores yet. Sirius and Assist/Bluetooth are pretty simple, we've performed retrofits/coding before on a few 1 and 3-series models in the past.

If we can find a suitable volunteer close to our facility, I'd be happy to test and report back for you.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0