View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

ContiExtremeContact DWS (high perf all seasons) impressions in big snowstorm

I've posted a few images in the general forum here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...55#post6696155

But if you just want the cliff notes - the tires are great.
- As mentioned on TireRack, purely from a handling perspective (dry) the turn in is a little soft and comfort a great deal more than the PS2.
- Wet handling is excellent, pretty much on par with the PS2 in the summer, but on cold wet pavement.
- In both dry and wet, the breakaway is very progressive and controllable.
- Unlike a set of PZero Nero M+S I've had before, these won't flat-spot overnight.
- In light snow, they will get you home every time.
- In heavy snow, you'll be limited by the car's clearance more than the tires.
- On packed snow they do slide a bit if you are frisky with the throttle, but it all happens in slow motion, it's great for practicing emergency maneuvers at low speed (that's how I explain it to my wife).
- Excellent in slush and resistant to hydroplaning.

I plan to use these December-March as my winter setup in the DC area. Even the current huge snowstorm hasn't really put a dent in my mobility, other than clearance at times - but at those times, even the X3 struggled. I would not use these all year long, they seem to be geared more towards bad weather - there are other all seasons geared more towards dry/summer etc.

But overall I like them so much, I just replaced the X3's OEM Scorpions with these as well.

That's about it. If you have specific questions, ask away.
Appreciate 0