05-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
I have been burned purchasing on forums before so I feel your pain. I am starting to think buying used is not worth it. Honestly, I search the online Ads but the prices people list things for is typically not low enough to motivate me to buy used.
I buy used all the time. Bought the car used, wheels used, diffuser used, rear section of the exhaust used, x-pipe used, steering wheel used, V-1 used, Procede used.....you get the point. I even bought a decklid used from a member, and when things didn't work out (dented during shipping) the dude issued me a full refund. I'll also be buying a s/c'er used when the time comes.

I just use common sense when dealing with people, it's pretty simple.
a) if they can't use proper English, then you probably don't want to deal with them, especially when it comes to a high dollar item.
b) check their iTrader to see how many other items they've sold
c) (this one has helped me before on other forums) Ask fellow forum members who are nearby to check out the item prior to him selling. I have made many a friend this way, and do this for people, as well.

A lot of people don't have integrity. I'd post his name and address on the forum @ this point. Help save other people all the drama.
Appreciate 0