View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #281
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Lots of reading here. 2 things that I notice still have not been answered, and now I'm a bit curious myself:

1) Is Tom, the "head engineer" mentioned on Adv's site http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/dem/engineer.php, degreed? If so, what type(s) of degree(s) does he hold?
2) Is it true that there was an issue in the machining such that the holes did not line up and bolts had be threaded in @ an angle? If so, is it true that ADV knew about this at the time of assembly and sold them to customers with this knowledge?

And I read Jordan's response. I'd just like a direct, simple answer to these 2 questions. Not hating, just curious. Thanks.
Pertaining to the incorrect machining (and I think J's response directly responded to this) but in case it didn't fully explain - that was a potential cause that was suggested when the first case popped up 14 months ago as we couldn't think of any other reason for the crack to occur.

At the time the cause was suggested other failures hadn't yet occurred. But after physically checking the wheels with the issue it was not the case. Only after the second failure did we start looking for links between the various orders and started being able to track down similar production times and the same innner barrel being used.

Hope that clears it up.
Appreciate 0