View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Coming from a Cayman S. I agree. The Cayman S is one of the best driving cars in history under $80k. I would even say its the best driver's car under $90k.

When I purchased my 2008 Cayman S new, I was actually looking at the Carrera non S, and the M3. I test drove both. I liked both but then I took the cayman for a spin. Yes it feels fast for 300hp car. It feels like an extension of your own body - like putting on a glove. There is a great connection with the road, not harsh in any way but it makes you feel like you can do anything. The engine sounds sweet.

My only issues are:
  1. Cayman is the limited interior room. You cannot recline the seats much and there are no back seats.
  2. The styling of the car. The car is kinda small and alot of girls like the car which a good thing, but in Los Angeles i see alot of girls driving it.
  3. Engine right behind the seats gets my back sweaty during summer.
  4. HP/TQ. Wish it had more.
I still love the Cayman and may consider buying the new body style comes out. Ill have to see it in person but the photos of the new boxster look pretty good.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0