View Single Post
      09-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #39
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Ooo... that's going to be hard to pass up. I was wondering if it'd be easier to fit the engine parts, like the manifold, onto the GT or to fit the GT parts like the HIDs to the Boss
There are quite a few guys on Modded Mustangs who have done the mani retrofit, and apparently it's not too hard. There is a really good DIY writeup on the HID retrofit as well (although you have to hack up the housings), so those things aren't going to be that difficult, whichever way you go.

I'd still like the option for a graphics delete package, or at least a roof panel body color match (instead of stripe color match).... I'm pretty sure you can get a loaded GT with most options and FRPP goodies which will at least hang with the BOSS for less dough, but the BOSS does have some things you won't be able to (practically) replicate on the GT (internals, TracKey, etc...). It's akin to the good ol' non-M versus M debate to an extent. In the end, I want a car that I won't feel needs modding, and I think I'd better be able to achieve that personal goal with the BOSS.

I'd like to see a shaker hood, but I don't think that's in the works. Bummer. It would fit in real nicely with the '70 graphics scheme.
Appreciate 0