View Single Post
      02-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 335i Msport-PPK, 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
All things considered I think your M3 did better than I expected. The Porsche's PDK is superior than BMW's M-DCT and it's launch setup and execution works better, not only that but it will get better traction off the line so that should have given it the edge at the start on which to build a commanding lead.

Also the Porsche has superior aerodynamics (less frontal area) and superior power to weight so ultimately it was expected to win this race. I do think your chances would have been improved had you shifted after launch to D mode but at best it would have only pulled you closer to the E63.

The surprise of the bunch was the E63, I expected it to come good at the end instead of matching you to 100km/h. I honestly would have thought that pressing your right foot to the boards in automatic mode without LC wouldn't have produced a launch compatible to the M3 but there you go, you learn something new everyday.

P.S.

Next time please try and get some video footage.
+1

I'm surprised the Porsche margin of victory wasn't larger.

No, your car was not hindered by recent oil change or the drive to the location. Reading too many M3 forums will distort expectations.
Appreciate 0