View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #115
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Lol. No man. I have my oem set for track. The overall weight for these is only 20 pounds more than oem. Tire weight would be another 10 pounds. So 30 pounds on 4500 pound car doesn't make a difference in everyday driving. I mean its not like you drive the car aggressive all day long. So u don need super performance during dd. The sole reason is to protect my rims cuz I got a curb rash on one already! Damm! I just wanna put 30 series so its a bit for comfy for dd. And 19" on this car are small unless u drop it which I do not want to do. And I think you r missing out but most m3's have 20's
I believe you're wrong in terms of unsprung weight. 30lbs may not sound like alot but in terms of unsprung weight, it can equal up to 300lbs (give or take). You have to take into consideration the rotation of the mass which can add weight.
Adding 30lbs to your unsprung weight can place more stress on your handling, braking, and acceleration. With an extra 30lbs you probably lost 0.5 - 1 second of acceleration (1 second is drastic). I know it doesn't seem like much but just throwing it out there.

Fuelly :: Adelei's Gas Mileage
Appreciate 0