View Single Post
      11-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #31
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
I thought he looked pretty young, I definitely would have guessed younger than 30...
He's 30 now. The dude has been a world champion since puberty, it seems . I got hooked to motoGP racing a few years back, with the 990s. Apparently I didn't miss much, since this guy used to clinch world titles at the middle of the season. Yeah, he was that far ahead of everybody else. Now competition is much closer (finally), but still, when he loses a championship is usually due to bike problems and getting wiped out by somebody else. And the 2 titles he took second and lost by ONE point (to Hayden, who only won 1 race) and by 10 (I think) to Stoner. Hayden is NOWHERE near Rossy as a rider; don't know how the hell he won; pure luck IMO. But Stoner/Pedrosa/Lorenzo are pretty close. But battling it out the doctor outrides them all , like he did to win a race Lorenzo thought he won when passing him 2 curves from the checkered flag... only to get past on the last one. Next season should be a good one, especially with Spies in the mix as well.

The irony is most of us have to pay dearly to ride on a track (I took a 2-day camp at Superbike School a year ago), and once every decade or so, and this guy gets paid $34 MILLION a year, and travel all over the world to do just that. Lucky bastage .

Last edited by JCtx; 11-10-2009 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0