08-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Sub frame is bolt in bolt out if it needs to be replaced, if the yard is anything like the couple I worked for they will repair it in house and not get their insurance company involved, rule of thumb is they will only involve their insurance company if the damage is substantial or it's a write off, yours on the surface looks pretty minor.

Besdies its a 2002 SL55, it's not an exotic, badly crashed ENZO's and F1's have been nearly destroyed and rebuilt, it hasn't done anything to their value.
I see your point, but I don't agree that the car would be the same if the sub-frame had to be replaced. I've even had the dealer admit that.

I agree it's not an exotic, but that's why I would think it would affect the resale more than it would a Enzo or F1. You can rebuild an Enzo or a F1 and it'll still hold it's price because they just don't come up for sale that often. SL55's do. It was in amazing condition, low miles most people would rather buy one that's never been crashed then one that has been.
Appreciate 0