08-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #118
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by werly View Post
Thanks to OP and kmarei's images above I also installed the PSW non-elec V2 just moments ago.

I agree with former installers that airbag remove is the hardest of all so I want to also contribute some pictures to make future PSW DIY easier

The insertion point is on the black rubber part at the back of the steering wheel, I circled it with red

They are really tricky, I don't know if anyone can visualize the insert slit with bare eyes...I can't. When you don't put it in, it is not there, but your screwdriver can certainly go in without any extra force. Like some members said, use your finger tip to feel the slit and insertion point. Using your new PSW to practice attacking the metal clip greatly benefits also, just like Leonardo629 suggests

Other than that, non-elec PSW is not very hard to install at all, you got to skip all the harness/wires work. But try not to close the truck after disconnecting the battery, otherwise you would ended up like me crawling into the back seat and ripped the arm rest off and managed to pull the emergency trunk release...

Cheers
After inserting the screw does that slit become deformed? I really want to change steering wheels but I dont want to enlarge or mutilate that slit. I know its not a big deal and whos going to look there. But just wanted to know. Howd BMW install it so it doesnt become mutilated?
Appreciate 0