View Single Post
      05-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #106
White 13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92

Seems there is a few good reports of the 5720 but mine didn't go so well. I put it on my new car before a long drive home. The car went through one hard thunder storm and most of it came off. Heavy rain but not really fast driving; 65 down to about 30 MPH. All the leading edges were bare of the coating and strips of the stuff were hanging down elsewhere.

A day later or so I tried to remove the rest in a coin car wash with the pressure washers. More came off but thin areas wouldn't come off. A couple of days later I tried again with another coin wash and still wouldn't come off. Got home and used pressure washer, regular wash and more pressure washer and some areas still had small thin areas of the coating on the paint. I then went to polish with a dual action buffer, cutting polish, tar remover, goo gone, citrus remover and a clay bar. Only way to get the last of it off is with a finger nail or a credit card and I am still finding places I missed.

Possible reason could be the new paint. I feels smooth but maybe with no wax it won't release. Or maybe one coat isn't enough to make a strong film. Some parts came off in sheets but fairly small ones. I don't mind so much it came off in a hard rain but getting it off is the pits.

I also tried it on an older Honda without a fresh wax job and had similar results. Some areas came off in sheets but some thin areas remained and have to be scraped off.

I need to figure what went wrong perhaps no wax or maybe multiple coats are needed, I only did one coat although I tried to get it on somewhat thick.

Stuff costs about $25 dollars a gallon but shipping is high. If I get figured out it may be worth it but right now I wish I hadn't used it.
Appreciate 0