11-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #15
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M3 View Post
Thanks for the response to my thread. The pics are very helpful in judging quality especially when u have the factory one on one side. I think if you had both on I probably wouldn't have noticed. I suppose if I was to get it I would buy a betalink kit and mount like the factory one and it would fit closer. I can see where it doesn't quite line up but like you said its probably cause of the tape. Did the double sided tape come with the part? From a quality standpoint, the factory one has a lot more visual continuity with the lines of the car as the pattern runs front to back rather than some arbitrary angle. Does the right side one go the opposite direction so both sides at least look mirrored?
I have OEM splitters mounted with 3M tape. There's no gap if you place the tape slightly away from the edge, maybe 3-4mm. I don't think using Betalink vs. 3M tape will make a difference in fitment.
Appreciate 0