Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 e92 AW/FR DCT

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Yep lets sue the crap out of everyone for a freak accident. Why not claim emotional anguish from every time you see someone close a car door while you're at it. Geesh, the last thing on my mind in this situation would be to call out the lawyers.
Look man, all I was saying is that if it's supposed to detect resistance and stop it's not doing it's job properly. It could be a kid just putting their hand on the door and let's say someone almost closes the door for whatever reason - that's not a freak accident. It's all about fixing the problem if there is one so it can't happen in the future, not about getting filthy rich from suing BMW like OP did .

It's the same principle that applies to automatic windows - with the manual ones you could stop immediately, the automatic ones need sensors to do that. This could be the difference between having a girlfriend with one or two arms .

I for one am completely dissuaded to try and do the DIY for the soft-close on the M3, just because of this accident mentioned in that thread.
Appreciate 1