garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman View Post
Thanks, Gary and Neurorad!

Gary, you have a TON of space, wow, that is awesome.....I will have 22 feet wide by 24 feet long, so some economy will be necessary...My basement (sadly not on the same level, like Neurorad) will have a ton of room, so I can keep a lot of little used things there.

I will post pics as things develop!
My garage is over 900 sq/ft. I wish it was a little bigger and taller.
It looks empty because I took pics before I bought the house - this garage was the reason I bought the house (and the lot size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD View Post
I've been researching this subject for a little while since I will be moving to a home with a decent sized garage space.

So far, the Racedeck floor tiles seems to be my top choice. I keep hearing horror stories about the various epoxy options (peeling, etc). The GarageMahal site shows some amazing work, but a bit over the top for me.

Keep the ideas coming!
I wanted to go epoxy, but I was worried about peeling. Epoxy is less expensive, but if I moved, I can't take the epoxy flooring with me . With garage tiles you can take it with you.

For my garage, it was kinda expensive. It was about $2.5k worth of plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etnies View Post
Nice Gary, good space.
Thanks.. The garage is filled with stuff now. After two years, I finally was able to get one car in there after a week of clean up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I don't know much about the Racedeck tiles, but I've had my epoxy painted floor for over three years and it hasn't peeled anywhere. As long as you clean the concrete floor well, the epoxy paint shouldn't peel. It's very durable and easy to clean.
One thing I like about epoxy flooring is if you spill oil on the floor, you can wipe it up with ease. With the garage tiles, the liquids may leak between the tiles. Perhaps not oil, but radiator fluid and less viscous liquids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobver View Post
CnoteMD,

Garage height is just over 10'.

Bob
Nice. My current garage is less than 8.5 ft high. my previous garage had 12 ft ceilings but the garage was about 1/4 the size. I wish my current garage had higher ceilings as I have a lift I have not installed.

I will put that lift in my 8.5ft high garage. I am thinking about removing portions of the ceiling so I can raise the car higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2low View Post
We will be redoing the garage in the next year or so. My dad just got the lift in as his 1st step to a renovation
What type of bolts did you use to secure the car lift? Mechanical anchors or epoxy/chemical anchors? I bought a set of mechanical redhead wedge bolts. I'm going to start drilling into my cement soon. I'm a bit afraid I'm going to mess up the hole using the hammer drill I have as I've never drilled a 3/4 hole into a garage floor.
Gary
Appreciate 0