05-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #24
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by elh0102 View Post
But you asked, "how exactly would a pad deposit stick on to a moving rotor???" You said I did not answer that, so I tried again. Of course fade would result, but if you overheat pads, you will also get uneven compound transfer to the surface of the rotor.
I understand now what you are saying, i was looking for a different explanation.

Not always true.( the bold sentence).

If you have one large brake pad and a one piston caliper, then 1/4 the pad will do what you said will do. Dont forget, there is a steel plate that is forcing all that brake pad mush on to a rotor. That steel plate would also have to be warped. I have yet to see one that was warped.

If you have same pad with 6 piston caliper then most if not all of the pad will have full contact with the rotor.

Either way, Many people have brake dust build up and many if not most of them dont have warped rotors after 6k miles.

I used to have Brembo rotors and pads on my Dodge Durango, i warped the rotors after one summer of driving, simply because that summer i towed cars and boats.
Once i stopped towing, i replaced pads and rotors, and havent had to change anything for over 5 years. The last year of owning the SUV, i wouldnt wash it for 3-4 months at a time, the brake build up on wheels looked like rust, yet my rotors werent warped. Why? Because i know how to use brakes with out killing them under normal driving conditions.

Last edited by KGB7; 05-25-2011 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0