View Single Post
      06-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
MNY
Rep
Drives: none

high mile m3 or low mile 335?

Hi m3 post,
Ive had a account for a while but I've just been looking around the forums till now. I have had my license for a little while now but have just been borrowing my parents cars. I am now looking for a first car that i will be most likely getting in late spring of this year. I am working and trying to get money in every way possible and whatever i have by the time i am ready to buy my car my parents will match it. Im hoping to have 15000 so that means i can spend 30000 on a car and maybe a little more with financing since i do have a job.
I have always wanted a e92 m3 but they are obviously a lot more expensive then the normal 3 series so i was always looking towards the 335. But i have recently been seeing m3s going for around 33k with about 70k miles. I could find a 335 with 25k miles for the same price but i just really want the m3.
Do you guys think the e92s will drop a bit by next spring because of the release of the new generation? Because if they do and i can find one with maybe a little over 50k miles for around 32k i will definitely be buying that instead of the 335.
Also do you think the m3 will have a lot of reliability issues if i do choose to buy one with around 70k miles? I don't mind the high miles but i just don't want to have a car with tons of issues. Especially a M car with very expensive parts.
Lastly i know a lot of people on here will most likely say i am not experienced enough for a m3. Those people are right. I probably am not but im not going to drive it to its 100% limits probably not even to 75% of the cars potential but once i become more experienced i will begin to drive the car more aggressively. I just want the m3 to know if i ever choose to i can go to the track and have amazing handling and also a unique car unlike the countless other 3 series on the road.
Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0