footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
"I ask you, in the nineteen thirties what were BMW making when both Mercedes and Audi where building 400km/h machines to race on the roads."

i believe they were making airplanes...you know the ones that fly? don't think that a company that has been around for longer means they can make better products. im a person to give credit for experience and market presence.......but planes are faster than cars that go 400km/h? so if you ask me, i think bmws were making machines faster than 400kmh that were literrly flying by those of mercedes and audis. what makes bmw unique is their aeronotical heritage.
BMW started making motorcycles and then moved into Aeroplane engines when the wars started, their input into the second world war is well documented. But BMW's history in motorsport is very limited in comparison to the other three (Audi, Mercedes and Porsche), it fact they only got serious in the late sixties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
don't start your post by "please don't take it personal", and then call me a child that doesn't know what he's talking about with those stupid faces you were making. this is a forum where ppl share their experiences and opinions. unfortunately its post like yours that start things and you call me young? if you are 35+ and got offended by my post then what does that say about yourself? read my post closer next time, i made it clear that it was my own opinion. please make your posts without relations to mine or anyone else. just state your opinion in a nautral manner. im sure a 24 yr old should have to tell you that....
I am at a lost as to how I have insulted you, saying you were either too young or didn't remember the B5 S4 is hardly an insult. Also reminding you that both cars posted identical times on the ring and the S5 being both quicker and slower on Hockenhiem depending on tyre choice is a fact, nothing more. Also to class the S5 as bling and a shitty drive was surely asking for the kind of reply I gave you. After driving numerous cars from Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, etc and also being hand with a car I know that the S5 is not a shitty drive, far from it, the car is more than an equal to the 335i in performance and handling, in fact in most situations the S5 will walk away for the 335i, the only advantage the 335i might have is on a bone dry surface and as this has been proven to be only fractional at best. Also the S5 has something to offer that the 335i can't and that is an engine note and an air of luxury and grandness that can only come from with a big V8 engine.

This is not to knock the 335i, it's a great machine and I do agree that giving it the smaller engine with turbos gives it an economical advantage and a tuning advantage as well, but because of this it will never be regarded as big league, that's down to using a small power unit.
Appreciate 0