View Single Post
      04-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #96
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
Thanks 997gt3 lol Hahahhaha. First of all your absolutely right about a test drive no way can a person appreciate the full potential of a car through a test I fully agree.... But can we also agree that there some cars you get into and in the first 10 mins you know this is the car for me this is the car I wanna take home and enjoy. With that being said the gtr was boring but the m3 I felt alive and I felt this car was ready to do my bidding and if I pushed or used to hard it would make me pay for it and I didnt get that with the Nissan. As I driver I want stable yes but I also want to feel my car hear my car like I Said before the gtr is a one night stand but the m3 that the car you take home for life and that is why 20 years from now when I am old and decrepit the m3 will still be a legend and the gtr will be a super car that any "pissed of teenager could drive" that one is just for you 997gtr lol

My experience has been that I don't get a good feel for a car for quite some time. There are cars I have loved at first then ended up hating them (eg 2006 M6) and there are cars I first drove and was unimpressed then ended up loving (both GTRs).
IMO, test drives have limited value. I generally get more out of reading about a vehicle.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0