03-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Thanks for the great info guys! Will definitely wait and see.

Actually, down here in the Fayetteville area, we don't have any good "real" detailers. We only have the run of the mill carwashes that mess up your rides. Someone caught me looking at pics in this forum the other day and we got to talking. Now a few other people in my unit on Fort Bragg saw my truck after I polished/waxed it and said, "Where did you have that done?" I told them I did it and they were hooked, asking me tons of questions about what I did, how long it took, how much would I charge for it, etc. I was thinking about maybe starting something up on the side for friends or people I work with.

Not sure if I want to get too involved with it since my free time is precious to me but I asked a couple people and they told me that they would pay me to get the results on their cars that I got on my truck. And besides, I want to get some catless x-pipes so bad but don't have the money for it right now, lol A few details for some people and I might be closer to that goal!
I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
For a detailer sure, but I think most people here are just regular people working in their garages.
Agree 100%

If you need to get by without spending the cash by all means cleaning them and drying them by hand works

-Martin
Appreciate 0