05-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
CCCP745LI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E66 745LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azorean View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

I decided to go slow and do this myself with simple products first and hand buffing. I picked up some Meguiar's Ultimate compound and it seems to be working well (maybe 90% improvement) although my arm/shoulder is not doing so well and I have only done one small panel so far.
Mmm u should stop doing that never ever apply anything by hand except of wax. Ull spend 500-600$ for everything and it's gonna last u forever. Buy makita rotary and presta detail kit which includes everything u need 2 black wool pads one bottle of heavy cutting compound 2 green wool pads bottle of polish one foam blue pad bottle of swirl removal and hand wax DVD with explanation on DIY u might wanna buy clay bar with some microfiber towels that kit will last u forever and after ur 1st time ur gonna be wow.
Rather then paying 500$ for one sh!TTY detail u should buy one instead. I've done my car 3 times my friends cars and I have a lot left. With ur hand applying ur loosing ur time and energy if ur interested pm me and I'll tell u where to buy it with good discount good luck bro.