11-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
This combination sounds great! I was looking for something not too loud as my comparison was to other higher-end exotics which have a classy sound but are quiet and livable yet still alive when accelerating. It has no drone and has for me "Just the right sound level" when you get on it, noticeable but not that raw race track sound. Most other high-end performance cars I have observed have that nice mix.

As for which slip-on to get, don't underestimate the value of appearance in this decision. The AKRA looks THE BEST from the back (and underneath) mostly because of the minimal visibility of the exhaust cans hanging down and its beautiful construction. This coupled with the beautiful exhaust tips (Titanium or Carbon Fiber) again present a classy package. After all, don't you buy a Mod for performance and looks??

Also for me, this combination was the best of both worlds as it passes State Vehicle inspection here in Massachusetts.

Every time I go to my dealer, everyone there always comments very positively and asks me what exhaust system I have. As they stated, it looks like a million bucks and sounds great without being obnoxiously loud.

Sorry I don't have any sound clips.

MJM
the challenge street x pipe requires cutting of the oem mid section correct?

agreed regarding looks of the akra slip compared to others long with sound.

sometimes I think about swapping my akra slip on for the m performance, but I can't get over how much it looks like the oem exhaust, which was just an important reason of wanting to go with an aftermarket set up.

op, glws....