View Single Post
      07-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
Don't blame yourself too much. I happen to think that custom wheel manufacturers/vendors should take a few minutes while processing these $4K-$7K (and over) orders to do their customers a service and advise customers of specific fitment issues, especially when it comes down to choosing a few acceptable brands/sizes out of many possibilities. It would save a lot of headaches for both parties. The wheel companies hold themselves out as experts on precise fitments, and many consumers don't even know or think to ask such questions.
+1

Many companies should atleast tell you up front the tires they usually use. I imagine they dont want to be held accountable if it doesn't fit.

Honestly though we are talking about mm in diffrence this is only an issue if you are going with extreme offsets where every mm counts. If you get an offset that isnt too aggresive these tire size differences arent even an issue. if you want to be extreme there are always going to be issues whether it be with tires, wheels, ecu tuning...price we pay

edit: I remember a thread saying companies such as HRE dont really accept custom offset orders frequently. They have a mild offset fitment so these tire diffenreces arent an issue.
Appreciate 0