View Single Post
      11-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
So if I want to get a set of wheels I have to go into each sponsors separate forum to look for deals.. not that good. I like it the way it is, except that they should be stopped from bumping.
Do you really find any "deals" though? I don't. For the most part, the competitive force is not selection or pricing, but availability and service.

That's why I think the second approach could be tried. You still have the usual sub-forums by types, but also have vendor sub-forums where they can post all their ads. They can post their ads, sticky them and lock them so that dicussions don't get generated there, but rather get generated in the regular sub-forum. But they can also leave them unlocked to answer questions. The vendors would be the moderators of their own sub-forum.

If I were a vendor on this site, I'd prefer to have all my ads located in one place for easier management, but still have the regular sub-forums for mass marketing appeal. This, combined with a 72 hour bump rule (or when the ad hits page 3) that is enforced, I think will be beneficial for all parties involved. Things like "PM Sent" should not be allowed.

I think these rules should also apply to the non-commercial for sale forums. Seeing multiple bumps per day is just ridiculous. Also, the "Free bump for a great guy" kind of stuff has to stop.

I know the moderator core here is pretty light in terms of manpower, so moving to a more aggressive enforcement policy in the for sale forums will probably need additional volunteers.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0